Saturday, May 22, 2021

Introduction

 

 Hi there, 

I am glad that you are stopping by and I hope you can enjoy what I have to say, which might not be as mind blowing as some stories of other blog creator. If it brightens up your day or makes you question all your (or my) life decisions, I know I have done my job and hope it can at least be a good time filler during those difficult times. Leave me some comments, productive once are being preferred, but anything will be appreciated. Be real and honest and do not hold back. I will not be offended but you might end up with a juicy response.

 

Now back to getting to the actual point of my post. My name is Sylvia and I am happily married to a wonderful veteran with whom I have 2 beautiful children. We all live happily in North Pole with 3 fur babies, multiple gill babies and a couple feather friends in a way too small house. Last year in March, I had the genius idea to quit my Management job to home-school our 9 year old daughter. Which did not go too well but provided us with an ultimate amount of experience, wisdom and a new found appreciation of all teachers. The humorous part is, that this made me for some reason start my Bachelor Degree to become an elementary teacher. The only request I have is to not have my own children as my students and I am sure that I just received a few sympathy points from you mom's and dad's out there. 

 

As soon as we heard that the schools are back open again here in North Pole, we decided that it is time for our lovely daughter to go back in person and fast forward to today, since life likes to play a prank on us once in a while, I ended up back in my old job a few weeks ago and am now again the Manager of a Tour guiding company in town while finishing my college degree. I love this job, which made this decision a whole lot easier. 

 I do like art but aren't grown up enough to own any actual art pieces. However, I love crafting and creating art but never really find the time to actually bring my ideas to life. This will hopefully change in the future and I hope that my new carrier path gets me to appreciate it more. My favorite local artist is Amanda Rose Warren, which I am sure most of you are familiar with. 

Here is my favorite piece from her


The reason, why I love her style so much is, because of the kind of colors she is using and how different her style is compared to other artists. That she is a local is definitely a plus and if I could, i would buy all her creations.

The radio station KWHL wrote a great article about Amanda and her art which can be found right here:       

 https://www.kwhl.com/shows/amanda-rose-warren/ 

 

 Thank you for reading,

 Sincerely,

 Sylvia 








 


 

2 comments:

  1. You are really busy with family, a job that you enjoy and education. Your art choice shows the love you have for Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your decision to become an elementary school teacher. I taught elementary school for 21 years, and I loved it, which is saying something, because I am not a morning person, and getting up was really tough. I enjoyed the conversational style of your blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Non-Western Artworks

  Chinese Artworks  Qing Dynasty Artwork (1644-1911)   For my Non-Western blog, I am choosing Chinese artworks from the Qing Dynasty, whic...